Anything you wonder about? Click on one of the questions and you will be directed to an answer.
12. Cancellation policy
1. How to book a tour at Tromsø Individuell?
Some tours can by directly booked here. For all other tours use the contact form or just write an email. Please tell me the desired date, how many people you are, and the name of your accommodation - I’ll pick you up. Coming with a cruise ship? Please write an email first!
2. How and when can I pay for the trip?
The easiest way is to pay on the day of the tour in cash (NOK) or with credit card. You can also pay in advance via PayPal: I will send you a link per email, no own PayPal-account is required.
3. Where does the tour start?
You will be picked-up at your accommodation (Hotel, Camping place, Airbnb-location, cruise ship harbour etc.). We also drop you off there afterwards. Please inform us in advance where your accommodation is. Are you located outside the city of Tromsø? Please ask me about possible pick-up points.
4. Are the tours suitable for everyone?
The tours include short and longer walks, depending on the group, and are therefore suitable for everybody independent of age. No special fitness skills are required. We have space for collapsible wheelchairs only – please ask me in advance.
5. How are the temperatures in Tromsø?
Tromsø lies above the Arctic Circle but lies within reach of a branch of the Golf Stream. Climate is accordingly mild. The coldest period lasts from December to March with average temperatures of around -6°C. That means it is often warmer but can also be much colder than that. The warmest month is July but it rarely gets warmer than 15°C. However, there are quite warm and sunny days with t-shirt weather. But just in case, dress warm and windproof!
6. What kind of clothing do you recommend me to bring?
Winter: Wrap yourself up well – it’s better to bring too much than too little. We recommend layered clothing like an onion with and a warm (merino) woolen pair of leggings under your trousers, a sweater, a fleece jacket, and more layers according to the temperature. The outermost layer should be windproof. Remember to bring hat, scarf and gloves, preferably mittens. Warm woolen socks and good water resistant boots. You’ll find more information here. We can provide you with clothing on request.
Summer: Summer can be cool and windy too so bring warm and windproof cloths.
7. How is the Fjordtour organized?
It’s a guided tour in a minivan. We drive along the coast of the fjords and explore the area with its small fishermen’s villages in small walks and photo stops. Please have a look at the description of the tour in question for more details here. The van has 8 seats; minimum number of guests is 2. Private tours for you only (and your family/group) can be arranged on request. Please contact me here.
8. Is lunch included in the price of the Fjordtour?
Yes, a proper lunch with tea and coffee is included.
9. Will there be an offer for vegetarians or guests with other dietary requirements?
Please let me know in advance if you have any special dietary requirements.
10. Are there also individual, shorter or private tours on offer?
Yes, on request.
11. Kids on tour?
We recommend a minimum age of 4 years, especially for the tours in winter. Please state age, weight and height of the child and we will find the right car seat.
12. Cancellation policy
- A full refund is provided for cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the arrival date/tour date
- 50% of the total amount is refunded for cancellations made 3-14 days prior to the arrival date/tour date
- No refund is provided for cancellations made less than 3 days prior to the arrival date/tour date